This is a piece that I created for a charity auction benefitting Joe's Place. Joe's Place offers homeless teenage boys in the Maplewood, MO area a place to live while they're in school. PROCESS: For the project, I was given an old door to transform. I chose the theme of hope as influenced by the charity's action of literally opening a door and offering hope. I began the work by penciling the word HOPE on the door. Then I outlined the word by tacking nails into the wood. I next wove the string around the nails in such a way that the word HOPE appeared in the negative space. I really enjoyed this project & working for such a great cause.
Here's a bit of warming weather inspiration...a few favorites from Pinterest this week:
1. Citrus cake + curd via cannellevanille.com
2. Squirrel love illustration via Sian Keegan
3. Misty bike via facingnorthwithgracia.tumblr.com
4. L'écume des Jours poster via Ivan Bezerra
5. Perfect outfit for spring via joythebaker
Looking for some cold weather inspiration? Here are my favorites from Pinterest this week...
1. Blackbeard cocktail via honestlyyum.com
2. Charming fox illustration via visualphooey.blogspot.com
3. Rad bike + helmet via murraymitchell.com
4. Fantastic type treatment via letterology.blogspot.com
5. Perfect outfit for fall via minoodesign.tumblr.com